Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Write, write, right?

Where is the point where a hobby becomes a chore? When a passion becomes a job? That's where I'm currently sitting with writing. I'm at the point where I need to write more, not that I want to write more. But what a journey to get to this point.

Writing and maintaining a blog is much harder then it initially seems. At least, depending on your goals. The housewife, the endless knitters; they have it so easy from my perspective, writing for hobby. They get to write about their hobby. To me, writing for the express purpose of communicating my love of writing and really, for the sake of writing itself, has proven a daunting goal.

Instead what we end up with are good intentions and a few brainstorms left floating around in my conscience. To really maintain an extended amount of creative output proved to be much harder then I ever expected. But then again, if I want to be a writer, this is what I have to do.

So, I'm going to write, and write and I'm going to get it right.

Woo puns. Let's have some fun.

No comments: