Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two Paragraphs

Recently an idea for a story presented itself to me in the form of two paragraphs neatly laid out in my mind. I like to think that I've very good at starting stories but not as good actually writing them. Regardless, here is what I have to offer:

Their relationship became one that was now built on wants; and on desires. It played itself out through overly enthusiastic letters and long awkward phone calls at unusual hours. They now needed to smell, to touch, and to taste each other. Or so they liked to say.

A relationship built on denial has inherent problems. Problems that Pfc. Jimmy Parker and his recent bride Laura are learning about as they struggle to remember each other.

That's what randomly formed. We'll see where it goes, I've just been working so much I haven't had much time to write.

No comments: